Saturday, November 13, 2010

It’s a new day

Shorts: Banana Republic.  Tights: Macy’s.  Shoes: Nicole Miller.  Pink Ruffle Top: Target.  Vest: Antonio Melan.  Bracelets: Thrifted.

DSCF5436

DSCF5438 DSCF5439

DSCF5440

DSCF5432  DSCF5435

It’s just been announced that we can wear “whatever we want” at work, which definitely open a door to fashion creativity.  At least that’s how I registered that announcement…  While I think of that decision as a great way to give employees more freedom, most people seem to automatically assume it means “wear jeans every day”.  I actually got several comments / questions when I showed up in something other than jeans after the announcement! 

While jeans may be an American staple and while I definitely appreciate them from time to time, I don’t think I’ll be making them my 5 day a week work wear attire. 

With this change - I would like to find more ways to be a little more funky and fun in my everyday business looks – while still keeping the chic simplicity that I like as well.  May sound like a difficult combo, but I’d like to try and make it work!  This outfit was my first effort  :)  What do you think.  Did I succeed?