Friday, July 23, 2010

Keeping things colorful

Quote of the day:

Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world. Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak. Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up.
Allen Klein

 DSCF4754 DSCF4753 DSCF4758

 

Not everyday will go perfectly (ok- hardly any of them will), but I always hope there’s a bright side to any situation, even if it seems small and distant.

Today, I kept my focus on the bright side by making myself bright - literally! 

 

 

Tip of the day: I  like to balance really bold items by accessorizing with neutrals.  The same tip holds true (but vice versa) if I were wearing a neutral dress – then I would balance the look with bolder brighter shoes.  It’s an easy and goof-proof way to keep interest in an outfit while not overdoing it.

***

Dress: Bisou Bisou.  Vest: Express.  Necklace: thrift.  Shoes: Alfani.  Purse: Nine West.