Thursday, July 22, 2010

Leisurely Mornings

  Lace Detail Top: Chadwicks.  Belt: Beatnix.  Lace Detail Skirt: The LImited.  Shoes: Steve Madden.  Bracelets: can’t remember…

DSCF4749

I love my mornings.  People may think I’m odd, but I get up about 1 1/2 hrs before I actually have to leave for work every day.  Yep, that makes for a pretty early wake up call (particularly since my commute is close to an hour!), but it’s worth it.

I make coffee and eat a nice breakfast, take a long shower or bath, watch a little TV, pick out my outfit, pack my lunch and workout clothes for the day, and finally take a quick blog pic before heading out the door.

DSCF4746

 

                 *****

On to the clothes --

I like to mix more classic softer pieces with bolder modern accent items - so the belt, bracelets, and shoes helped give this girly look just a hint of drama.

My only issue with the outfit originally was the fit of the skirt.  I’ve lost a couple pounds of late and have found a few of my skirts too big around the waist.  The best option is, of course, to have them taken in – but until I get to my seamstress, I’m using this handy trick: a belt!

I just tucked the excess skirt fabric under the belt and cinched myself right up!  It isn’t something I’d recommend on a regular basis, but in a pinch it definitely works.