Monday, May 17, 2010

One Dress, So Many Ways..

DSCF4277

 

I’m wearing my Feeling Khaki H&M dress again! (Shoes: Charlotte Russe)

This weekend I had the pleasure of working with Kasmira from What I Wore Today and Amy from Cinci Chic in a Cincinnati Locals On Living Savings Summit event!  It was a ton of fun and I got to meet a lot of great people who are interested in the same things – fashion for less, health, and good food!

I helped out by remixing this basic shirt dress 3 different ways – what better way to find savings than to mix up what you already have (instead of buying something else!)?  Yes, I do have a lot of clothes, but people probably think I have more than I do because I actually do use this remixing trick so often!

 

 

Below are the 3 ways I remixed this dress for the event.  Please be gentle – these shots were taken for demo only at about 7am on a Saturday morning; no, I had not showered yet, and no, I had no make up.

Remix #1: Color Change Up

DSCF4184 

Remix #2: Layering

DSCF4186

Remix #3: Dressy

 DSCF4189

I tried on some other outfits before deciding on the above 3 looks.  I chose the above because they worked with Kasmira’s themes and were easy enough to change into and get back on stage in under 2 minutes, but I liked some of the other remix practice-outfits as well!  Here’s a quick look at some of the other versions I tried:

DSCF4081 DSCF4195 fdjkl;DSCF4083 DSCF4090 DSCF4089 DSCF4087