Sunday, May 23, 2010

Belt It! and… Mix It!

Ruffle Top: INC.  Jacket: Forever XXI.  Belt: Love Couture.  Jeans: NY & Co.  Shoes: Nine West. 

DSCF4302DSCF4296 

You all probably know by know that I love me some belts!  They help show off curves and accent the waistline so well, that I just can’t do without them.

Belts typically don’t work as well with t-shirt material tops, but work great with blousy / cotton type tops.  I wear them whenever I have looser top that may otherwise make me look “boxy” - but with a belt creates a much more figure flattering silhouette.

See an older post of mine for more tips on Belts – How to Wear!

I also love pairing the little bit edgy with the little bit feminine, so the motorcycle jacket with the ruffles felt like a perfect fit for me.  The jacket was a recent gift (ok – really stolen from my mom b/c it was just barely too small for her, but same difference, right?) and I am LOVING it as well  :)