Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Favorite Things

DSCF3878 

 DSCF3874

DSCF3877DSCF3881S6305359

DSCF3595 Lavender / blue top: Forever XXI.   Jeans: JC Penny’s.  Earrings: Apricot Lane.  Ring: Forever XXI.  Shoes H&M.

Thank goodness I’m posting a picture from earlier this week when I was in a much happier normal mood…  I had a really really rough day today and am actually still a bit down in the dumps…

So - I’m going to do the “Sound of Music” remedy and will think of my favorite things to cheer me up.  Let’s see…

  • dark molten lava chocolate cake
  • a hot bubble bath
  • puppies to wrestle and cuddle with
  • soft breeze, warm sun and a welcoming white sandy beach
  • smells of Christmas – pine, cinnamon, apple pie
  • old sounds of Sinatra
  • classic soothing sounds of Debussy, Mozart, Chopin, & Bach
  • driving with no destination other than adventure
  • colorful fragrant tulips, lilacs, and lavender
  • food! from sinful fried chicken to decadent filet mignon
  • dancing without care to Lady Gaga & Rihanna
  • friends that have stuck through the good and bad times
  • family – the true vow to love for better or for worse 
  • looking in someone’s eyes and feeling that “spark”
  • butterflies (in the stomach & in the air!)

I actually feel a little better…   :) 

What do you do to ease the stress of the day and make yourself feel better when down in the dumps?