Monday, September 6, 2010

Wardrobe Weekend

Dress: Susana Moraco.  Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft.  Shoes: BCBG. 

DSCF5023DSCF5025 

After much drama of shoe matching and dress fitting / not fitting (I had to lay off the pastries for a week!), I finally got to wear my weekend-wedding dress.  The wedding venue was lovely, the bride gorgeous, the company fabulous, and the man dashing.  What more could a girl ask for?

The rest of my weekend was spent shopping with my mom, organizing my closet (fall cleaning!), and cooking.  Seriously, I’ve often thought my calling is to be a personal shopper.  If my man turns into a sugar daddy some day and I no longer have to work – then I’ll definitely have to make it happen  :)  either that or I would just stay home, cook and eat all day long watching Frasier, Grey’s Anatomy, and FoodNetwork…

Anywhoo… my mom is a great candidate for trying out my personal shopping skills because I know what her style and lifestyle is, and she trusts me enough to try on everything I pick for her.  Overall – we made out like bandits!  Tons of great sales were going on and it was definitely wardrobe makeover time.

Although the majority of shopping was for my mom, I did find a few items myself including these fabulous Guess heels.  Aren’t they gorgeous?!  I’m in love.

DSCF5033

The shopping time inspired me to do some fall cleaning of my closet, so I did my normal semi-annual clean out and ended up with several piles – one clothing pile to give to friends, one for goodwill, one for plato’s closet consignment, and one for alterations.  In addition, I labeled all my shoe boxes with shoe pics so it’s super easy to find what I’m looking for at any time.  How scary is it that I find this activity so much fun?!?

DSCF5048