Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birthday Girl

DSCF4930

It’s my birthday today.  I wish I could say that it has been a wonderful weekend, but unfortunately I can’t…  A huge “snafu” happened at work late on Friday and it was my fault and my responsibility.  Blame it on work-load overload, stress, attention to detail – whatever – it sucks and is very upsetting and frustrating.  Personally, I blame it on the birthday curse.  From a broken engagement, a dog dying, a boyfriend in a motorcycle accident, and my car broken into – my birthdays have not brought me much luck the last few years. 

That said, I’ve decided to release the birthday curse and manifest good things for my birthdays from here on out.

I’ll start the good vibes by remembering all the wonderful blessings I am so thankful for: supportive amazing friends, a crazy little family that loves me, a man that I can’t imagine my life without and who makes me laugh every single day, faith that holds me when my world seems to be crumbling, a hunger for food and a passion for life.  The list goes on.  Take that birthday curse!

I did try to enjoy my birthday on Saturday even though the work stress was still on my mind.  I visited with a fabulous friend of mine and did a bit of walking and shopping.  For our leisurely outing I wore a simple cotton dress from Forever XXI w/ a lovely white flower pin.  For dinner out with the man later that evening, I got dolled up in a flowy floral thrifted dress & my Stuart Weitzman heels (pic @ top).

DSCF4926DSCF4924

In keeping with today’s flower theme…

DSCF4919

My very non-foodie boyfriend actually made a "Top Tier" Devil's Food Cake with Sour Cream-Fudge Frosting for my birthday.  Oh my goodness – it was so amazing!  I was very impressed.

DSCF4923