Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Color of the day

Polka Dot Ruffle Blouse & Cardigan: NY & Co.  Skirt: Mossimo.  Heels: BCBG.  Purse: Gucci.

DSCF4984  DSCF4982 

There are moments when I get bored looking at my sage green photo backdrop, however I don’t have a handy photo taker with me throughout the day and the only time I have to take a fashion shot is 2 minutes before I run out the door to work in the morning, so green backdrop it is.

Sometimes I’ll take a photo by my fireplace or on my porch, but the outfits don’t always display quite as well.  Today I did step outside my box and actually tried out my bright bathroom for my photo of the day!  Okay, so the color is a bit overwhelming… but maybe a nice change from the normal sage?  Hopefully, it can remind you to have a bright and happy day!

DSCF4989

Pink, orange, polka dots, stripes, ruffles, buckles… if you only read this description, it might seem that there’s to be a lot going on in this outfit, but together it’s definitely not that much.  Adding a solid tone sweater / cardigan / or jacket of any kind can really tone down a look that might have otherwise been a little busy.  If you’re more of a busy-lovin’ gal – by all means, leave the sweater off!

DSCF4986  DSCF4992 purse